Monday, October 21, 2013

The Dragonfly

Today, I sit at your grave and weep as usual. Flowers are beautifully arranged in your vase, and decorations sit on your marker in hopes you can see them from Heaven. The days, months, and years continue to pass. Each day brings me one more day closer to joining you again. The loneliness has been haunting me again. Although, surrounded by friends and family, I can’t seem to escape this feeling inside. My heart aches, my tears still flow. The laughter comes then quickly goes. Today is just one of those days in which my pain hurts more. I sit here at your grave, continuing to weep. My hand brushes over your marker as I clean the fresh cut grass off. I take my finger, gently place it on your name, and trace it. Then my finger moves to your teddy bear and gently traces over it. As I trace your name, I cry, thinking of how much I miss you. Your signs have lessened and I feel your presence less. I look up towards Heaven and ask for a sign. I close my eyes, and open them to a tingling sensation on my arm. I look down, to find the most beautiful dragon fly on my arm. I smile, as I begin to cry harder, knowing you answered my prayer. I continue to watch this dragonfly as it gently walks my body. As I watch this dragonfly, I can’t help but think of its symbolism…for it has been told that when a dragonfly is near, a loved one from Heaven has come to visit. I continue to sit at your grave with this dragonfly, never wanting this visit to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment