Monday, October 21, 2013

Visions of You

Today I had a vision of you, your strawberry-blonde hair and loose curls dangling right above your shoulder. Your four years old now and full of life. As I walk, I see you run ahead of me. You run in a field of flowers, so healthy and so full of life. You look back at me and I run towards you. I pick you up in my arms and we walk off together. The vision is so real I can almost sense your smell and feel you in my arms. I was at the park, once again you were there. You looked the same, so full of life as you body flew through the air on the swing. I pushed you as you yelled “higher”, then, just as quickly as you appeared, you were gone. I seen you today, you were in my car. I looked in my rear view mirror and watched you smile as you looked at me. You had your baby doll and held it tightly and kissed its soft skin. I looked back again, but you were gone. While shopping, you appeared once again. You were running towards the Halloween costumes. I seen you look back at me as you pointed to the costume you wanted. I got close to where you were, and then, in a flash you were gone. I see you every day. I see you not as you were while on this earth, but as you should be. I see you grow as you age. I know you’re not there, but I can’t help but imagine who you would be today. I imagine these visions of you will continue. A painful part of this journey is not knowing who you were, but wondering who you would be today. I will continue to watch as you age, and my visions of you will continue. When I travel this world, you will be where I am. No matter where I go, you will be there. I seen you today, as I sat on the beach. You were sitting on the sand with a bucket as the ocean water ran up and tickled your feet. You looked up at me and smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment