Saturday, September 18, 2010

Welcome Home!!!

Well it was early July 2009 when I finally got the chance to make it home.  My home was fabulous, I had a pretty bassinet and lots of clothes and toys.  Mommy and I slept mainly in the living room because I had so much medical equiptment going.  I had to be given lots of antibiotics and had to be given meds at all hours of the night.  I was given my meds through an IV and of course I had to be fed every 2-3 hours as well.  Boy did I hate my feed tube!  There is nothing like getting your food through a tube through the nose.  I allowed my mom to use the feed tube for a couple weeks, but I couldn't take it any longer so I ripped it out of my nose.  My mom told me that if I ate well using my bottle then she wouldn't put the feed tube back in.  I have now been without a feed tube for over a year, whoo hoo!  Things were very busy at my home.  I always had people coming to see me and I was always being held and kissed.  I loved all the attention though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment