Saturday, October 9, 2010

CCHMC Hospital Stay

Well today is day 19 of me being in the hospital. I am really glad that they are taking such good care of me, but boy am I ready for my shunt surgery and ready to go home. Since I have been here they have done many test on me. I have had a cat scan wich has showed only minor differences from my first one. The most rescen one showed that I had a tear in my cotortum. This is the lining in the skull that is between the skull and brain. Having a tear there is very normal for children with my condition or also, Hydrocephalus (water on the brain). There is no treatment for it, but it shouldn't get any worse when I get my shunt. While I was here, they also had me see an Endocrinologist. The Endocrinologist ran all sorts of test on me to see what hormones I was lacking. Amazingly enough I wasn't lacking any of them. Also, I saw a Urologist here and I was diagnosed with having Kidney reflux (stage 1). Stage 1 is just a minor case and luckily it doesn't require any surgery. The Urologist placed me on a daily med called Bactrim and this will help prevent me from getting Urinary Tract Infections. At this point, I am not sure when I will be getting discharged. I am hoping that they will be able to do my surgery on Monday and I will be able to go hom on Tuesday or Wednesday. It has been a long few weeks and I cant wait to go home and sleep in my own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment